(with home working options)
13th February 2024
WHY OCEAN ECOLOGY?
We are a leading marine environmental consultancy specialising in providing survey, technical
and advisory services to organisations delivering and governing the global blue economy. We
recently became part of the Åkerblå Group whose focus on the health of the marine
environment firmly echoes that of our team, clients and partners. This merger has enabled an
exciting expansion of our services and client base throughout the UK and internationally.
This new role will provide unique opportunities to help shape a growing and dynamic
organisation alongside a team of passionate marine scientists. We offer competitive salaries
commensurate with experience, with associated benefits including private health options,
extensive training opportunities, a flexible working policy, salary sacrifice cycle and electric
vehicle Scheme. This position will be based at our Plymouth office with home working options.
Successful applicants will join our dynamic consultancy team and have the opportunity to be
involved in a wide range of activities including planning marine surveys in coastal and offshore
areas; environmental data management, analysis and interpretation; technical and research
report writing and preparation of high-quality GIS mapping deliverables.
The following will be essential to be considered for this post:
• A minimum of a degree in a marine environmental discipline,
• A minimum of 3 years’ professional or post-graduate experience in marine consultancy
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications,
• Proficient in carrying out desk-based research and data mining, conducting statistical
analysis using R and other software for statistical computing and graphics,
• Proficient in data interpretation with demonstrable experience in preparing technical
and research reports and sharing findings with colleagues, clients and regulators,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
• Knowledge of environmental legislation and its ramifications with regard to designated
and protected areas, habitats and species.
Desirable skills and experience include:
• Experience in analysing seabed imagery,
• Experience in the use of ArcGIS for producing report quality mapping,
• Experience in reviewing geophysical data for habitat mapping purposes,
• Post-graduate qualification(s).
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 1st March 2024