Our dedicated MMO validated and NMBAQC scheme participating sediment
laboratory specialises in conducting a suite of marine sediment analyses
in line with national and international standards.
All analyses are underpinned by in-house and National Marine Biological Quality Control (NMBAQC) scheme quality assurance protocols to ensure the efficient delivery of datasets to industry standards. We can offer high sample volume processing, multi-technique testing and fast turnaround times on all sediment analyses supplied with a detailed quality assurance report as standard.
Our range of in-house test capabilities include:
- Particle Size Distribution (PSD) analysis by wet and dry sieving (also known PSA))
- PSD analysis by laser diffraction using our in-house Beckman Coulter LS13 320 particle sizing analyzer
- Freeze drying of fine fractions
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC)
- Sediment chemistry including heavy & trace metals, hydrocarbons, organotins (via partner laboratory)
In light of a review of our Particle Size Analysis (PSA) processes conducted by the Marine Management Organisation (MMO), our laboratory has been validated for conducting PSA to inform marine licence applications.
This seal of approval means that our laboratory is now one of only a few MMO validated laboratories and further highlights the industry-leading standards of our analytical procedures already demonstrated through our participation in the NE Atlantic Marine Biological Analytical Quality Control (NMBAQC) scheme.