We operate a number of survey platforms that have been designed or
customised with the needs of coastal and estuarine survey work in mind.
Coastal Survey Vessel ‘Seren Las’
Seren Las is our 10.4 m coastal survey vessel that has recently undergone a full refit to enhance its survey capabilities. Fitted with a 3m A-frame and 500 kg winch Seren Las is an ideal platform for a variety of survey requirements.
Environmental survey applications include:
- Benthic grab sampling
- Drop-down and towed camera sampling
- Epibenthic beam trawl sampling and static gear surveys
Hydrographic and oceanographic applications include:
- Deployment of acoustic monitoring equipment and moorings
- Side Scan Sonar (SSS)
- Multibeam survey (using bespoke over the side pole mounting)
- Water profiling and sampling
Seren Las is Marine and Coastguard Agency (MCA) Category 2 coded for up to four crew and eight scientists on a 12-hour operation basis with lifesaving appliances carried for twelve people. Seren Las can be provided for charter as a fully functional survey vessel with commercially endorsed skipper, crew and experienced surveyors to meet your requirements.
We operate two four-man Coastal Pro hovercrafts, the MACV Sepiola and MACV Solea, customised specifically for undertaking intertidal marine environmental surveys in tidal environments including estuaries, mudflats and coastal sandbanks. Both hovercrafts were designed with our knowledge and expertise in marine survey in mind resulting in fit-for-purpose, multi-use survey crafts for safely sampling areas that are generally inaccessible by boat or on foot.
Both hovercrafts are twinned engine, ultra-light and modified to comply with the MCA Hovercraft Code (2015) and represent some of the quietest production hovercrafts available.
Survey applications include:
- Phase I and II habitat surveys
- Intertidal sandbank/mudflat access
- Seagrass monitoring surveys
- Aerial (drone) survey support
- Asset inspection/assessment
- Crew transfers in shallow/tidal environments
To arrange vessel hire or request a further details, please call us on +44 (0) 1452 740697 or send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.